Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thinking about group 3's project.....

I thought group 3's presentation was interesting because it made me think about what is really important to me and have to start cherishing in life more. For example, just this past summer, my dad had a major heart attack. When his work place called my mom and said my dad was not feeling so well, they suggested we should go pick him up. My mom and I went to go pick him and when he got in the car, I really didn’t notice much and I thought he was just sick or something but my mom knew something was wrong. So my mom said drive him to the hospital but my dad was refusing because he thought he was just dizzy and he just wanted to go home and sleep it off. I was telling my mom he’s okay and we should just listen to him and take him home but then my mom started to notice that my dad was turning pale and then she grabbed my dads hand and asked if he was okay. Suddenly my mom said take him to the hospital right now because his hands were cold and I reached over to touch his hands and it was ice cold and then I started to get really worried. As I was driving and freaking out, I had an option to go on the freeway because I was right by it but for some odd reason I decided to go locally and when I drove past the freeway entrance, I took a quick glance and saw dead stop traffic on the freeway. Luckily my mom was in the car and I didn’t take the freeway because my dad would have not made it. When we immediately arrived to the hospital, my dad had two heart attacks and could have died if we didn't go to the hospital right away. In relation with group 3's project, I should stop and smell the roses because sometime I tend to take my family for granted because I would always think nothing would ever happen to them but in reality anything can happen in a heart beat. Life is Crazy and it goes by FAST and from now on I am going to try to appreciate all the things in my life before it passes right by me. Though I wished my dad never experience his heart attack but to me I think everything happens for a reason because my dad started to value life more by quit smoking cigarettes and exercising more.

No comments: