Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Art of Graffiti Removal




After watching this film I thought it was interesting to see how some people look at graffiti removal as part of the graffiti movement. I can understand why people may think graffiti removal as art but to me I think it is the complete opposite because to the best of my knowledge graffiti removal is meant to block or destroy the artist art piece. I really do understand that the artist is trying to show their artwork in public but they also have to understand that their vandalizing public or private property and the owner or the city is blocking the artist creative expression because they do not want there. Overall, I thought the movie was great because it showed two sides of the stories and it really depends on the certain individual to be the judge base on their everyday life experience. For example, if a certain individual is familiar with graffiti they are going know and understand this situation as for a person with no knowledge of this subject they might just see it as cleaning up another mess.

No comments: