Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A new era



This morning I went to vote and I thought it was exciting because it was my first time voting. To be honest, I did not know what the outcome was going to be because I thought the United States was not ready for a change. Just about an hour ago my girlfriend called me and said Obama won the presidential election and I was shocked (in a good way) because the United States is going in a different direction and it's definately a year of change.For example, this year the presidential election was out of the norm because we had an African American male running for president and also a female who tried to run. It shows that the United States is ready for a change. In the past and just a couple of hours ago I did not think I would see a minority as our president.I’m glad I witness this historical event because it gives people hope of reaching their dreams and never in a million years I would think this would happen.

3 comments:

Cate said...

Congrats on voting for the first time!

Joe Milutis said...

you asked what would be a more "beefy" way to blog. Here's a good example. Take a step back from the Obama pic you used. What does it remind you of? A Warhol celebrity painting maybe? And what does that imply if we make connections between Warhol's view of the world and Obama's?

corinnecheng said...

wow~i was so excited about that too!!!although I can't vote, but still so interesting to see the intension in the election campign, and a new president representing the minority.=)