Monday, October 6, 2008

My "Everyday" quote

I thought the reading was kind of hard because I had to go over some of the pages a couple of times to understand it but otherwise it was very interesting. The quote I chose is on page 26

“To begin with, everyday life does not exist as generality. There are as many everyday lives as there are places, people and ways of life. Everything is not the same in Timbuktu, in Paris, in Theran, in New York, in Buenos Aires, in Moscow in 1990, in 1960. In fact what do the world mean? Whatever is represented on a daily basis?

I thought this quote was good because it gave me my current theory of what is the everyday life. Everybody in this world have a different everyday life because we are different people by having a different religion, up bringing, social class, education, motivation, ethnicity, jobs and personality. We may have stuff in common or like the same things but we encounter a different everyday life because every individual lives a certain lifestyle. We are all humans and have been produced the same but we live life differently from one another.

No comments: